The student news site of Western Albemarle High School - Crozet, VA

Art Thee Going to New York?
Art Thee Going to New York?
Zoey Sauerwein, Assistant Editor • April 14, 2024
In 2020, mere days before opening night, the world (including the musical), was shut down in attempts to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
"Addams Family" Musical Makes Spring Spooky
Olivia Moore, Assistant Editor • April 10, 2024
Art Fest in The West Photo Gallery
Art Fest in The West Photo Gallery
Cooper Shelton, Staff Writer • April 10, 2024

Ti Ames Talks About Health and Education

Credit: Olivia Moore
Ames answers students’ questions during the Warrior Period special Black History Month event.

Ti Ames, one of the speakers at Western to celebrate Black History Month, is an inspiration in the Charlottesville black and queer communities. As someone who grew up in Charlottesville, they have a goal to make the world around them an inclusive and safe space. They work at Live Arts, the Village school, and the Renaissance school, teaching theater, music, and how to keep yourself safe and healthy. They push for their students to make and maintain healthy boundaries, learn about the importance of consent, and always put themselves first. “You are more than one thing at any given time” is a truth Ames lives by. When they visited WAHS, they talked about the importance of inclusive and diverse education to create a better and safer learning environment, and the significance of catharsis and learning about our intersectionality. And memorably, they serenaded the students with a rendition of Waitress’s “She Used to Be Mine.” Ames is an example of someone who knows who they are and strives to help others find themselves.

Donate to The Western Hemisphere
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Western Albemarle High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.