Cult Classic Countdown

Sarah Honosky, A&E Editor

A Cult Classic TV show is the kind of television that people follow so passionately and obsessively that their sanity is often doubted. These aren’t necessarily the shows with the largest following, we aren’t talking programs like Judge Judy or Wheel of Fortune that generate insane amounts of viewers every week (largely due to a large casual viewing of the old people variety).

These are shows that generate a huge response from its fans. Shows that inspire Fan Fiction and fanart, that provoke Cosplay and Comic Con panels. These are the shows that create a community. So, for your viewing pleasure, here is an entirely biased ranking of the Cult Classic TV shows of our time:

10) Supernatural- Two incredibly hot guys ride around in an incredibly hot car and fight demons. Need I say more?

9) Veronica Mars- Thanks to Veronica Mars I can say that high school journalism is bad apple and not feel like a complete dork. Also, how about that Kristen Bell amiright?

8)Pushing Daisies- Everything about this show is beautiful: the narration, the scenery, LEE PACE. This show displays the best use of unexplained superpowers of all time, probably.

7) The X Files- Apparently everyone owns this show on VHS somewhere. I’m taking that as a good sign.

6) Lost- I don’t know what happens in this show. Nobody knows what happens in this show. I hear that’s half the fun.

5) Firefly- Think cowboys in space. Now stop thinking cowboys in space and just imagine all the awesomeness in the world concentrated in one place. That’s Firefly.

4) Xena: Warrior Princess- Everyone should take the time to appreciate the many skilled warrior princess and her small blond partner in crime. And I mean partner in every sense of the word.

3) Arrested Development- You will love these characters. I mean, you will spend 80% of your time wanting to punch them in the face but God, you will love them for it.

2) Doctor Who- Although definitely not a personal favorite, this show’s incredible following can (sometimes unfortunately) not be ignored.

1) Buffy the Vampire Slayer- Do yourself a favor: go watch this show. Now. The rest of the website can wait, I promise.