The student news site of Western Albemarle High School - Crozet, VA

Art Thee Going to New York?
Art Thee Going to New York?
Zoey Sauerwein, Assistant Editor • April 14, 2024
In 2020, mere days before opening night, the world (including the musical), was shut down in attempts to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
"Addams Family" Musical Makes Spring Spooky
Olivia Moore, Assistant Editor • April 10, 2024
Art Fest in The West Photo Gallery
Art Fest in The West Photo Gallery
Cooper Shelton, Staff Writer • April 10, 2024

WAHS Drama Places at Districts, Advances to Regionals

Credit: Ms. Pitts
WAHS Drama places at sectionals, and advances to regionals.

This year, our very own WAHS drama department, led by Caitlin Pitts, will be producing “This Girl Laughs, This Girl Cries, This Girl Does Nothing.” It’s about three sisters who are abandoned by their father in the woods and have to make it through life together. They end up growing apart, but in the end, they come together. The Western drama team won sectionals in Fluvanna, bringing home three Best Actor Awards won by Kylie Hughes, Sarah Garland, and Lucy Shadel. They advanced on to Regionals which was held in Lynchburg on November 18th, and their production placed seventh.  Pitts hopes that everything will come together to create a wonderful story. “I chose this story because it’s beautiful, playful and fun. It has good characters, especially for the ensemble. The ensemble becomes a part of the setting during the one act.”

For the first time ever the fall play will be a mystery. Director Caitlin Pitts revealed what you should know before going, “It’s scary. It’s a creepy play. We’ve never done a creepy play before. And it is a play for ages 8 and up.” It will star senior Fable Monroe, who will play the lead, and junior Audrey Scialla. Pitts added, “It’s a secret because we don’t want people to know what it is until they get there that night.” The fall play is extremely unique and you definitely should come to see it if you are up for a fright.

Donate to The Western Hemisphere
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Western Albemarle High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.