The student news site of Western Albemarle High School - Crozet, VA

Riders test out the WAHS mountain bike course the night before the big event.
WAHS Hosts Mountain Bike Event
Cooper Shelton, Staff Writer • June 3, 2024
Dan Bledsoe and Cal Miller
Dan Bledsoe Named New Athletic Director
Sophie Mathew, Assistant Editor • May 31, 2024

Dan Bledsoe Named New Athletic Director

Dan+Bledsoe+and+Cal+Miller+
Credit: Reid Keller
Dan Bledsoe and Cal Miller

Dan Bledsoe will step into the role of Athletic Director after 15 years of teaching and coaching swim and dive at Western, taking over the role from Steve Heon who is retiring after 20 years. In a press release, Principal Jennifer Sublette praises Bledsoe, promising that he will continue to promote the “culture of excellence, teamwork, and sportsmanship across the athletic programs,” Bledsoe is a beloved member of the faculty for his lessons in AP US History, his Teacher Cadet class, and his dedication to the WAHS Swim and Dive team as their head coach. Under his coaching the team has a total of 17 state titles combined and continues to thrive. Swimmer, Sophia Garono, wishes him the best of luck, “I’m very happy for him and he’s going to be an amazing athletic director. He has made a really big impact on all of his swimmers for many years and I will be sad to see him step down from being head coach. He has always been good at what he does and he is going to make Western proud.”

Donate to The Western Hemisphere
$25
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Western Albemarle High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.