The student news site of Western Albemarle High School - Crozet, VA

Riders test out the WAHS mountain bike course the night before the big event.
WAHS Hosts Mountain Bike Event
Cooper Shelton, Staff Writer • June 3, 2024
Dan Bledsoe and Cal Miller
Dan Bledsoe Named New Athletic Director
Sophie Mathew, Assistant Editor • May 31, 2024

Grant Sandridge’s Photography Shoots up a Storm

Grant Sandridge, a senior, has always had a love of photography since he was young.  Starting off by taking pictures on family vacations to preserve memories, Sandridge’s passion has grown into a business, where he photographs school events and sells the photos. “I’ve always liked the idea of taking a memory and holding it forever, and I want to do that for other people.” 

Sandridge has commonly been seen shooting sports games, but originally, he started taking photos of arts and nature, and then decided to take photography class run by Mr. Ruben.

Sandridge shoots sports games because it is his favorite subject to cover, “you capture so many moments and the raw emotion of the game.”

Sandridge notes that he has learned so much about photography during his year shooting school events. “I’ve learned so much about angles, and about trying to find my place within a scenario and working with people.” 

Sandridge credits photography for teaching him how to successfully run a photography business, and providing professional experience in the field, saying he is still learning from it everyday. “I learned off of Kai Fusco and saw that he had his own website, and I was like, ‘Oh, I can do this too’,” said Sandridge. Since then, Sandridge has started his own website, where his photos can be seen and purchased.  

Sandridge is planning to attend JMU, where he will continue his photography career, hoping to be the “best photographer there,” saying he tries to be “the best photographer wherever I go.”

Donate to The Western Hemisphere
$25
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Western Albemarle High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.